Phoenix

DesertExile: Interests

05 February 2006

Interests




On my iterests, you see horses. The picture to the left was my first ride, March 1942.

My Dad couldn't find any men as any able-bodied man had went into the military. He found, Lilly, an all around ranch hand. She is putting me on the horse.

From College in 1960, until 2000, I was away from horses. My wife talked me into "Lease Feeding" a mare named Tremor. Tremor was an ex-race horse, and a thoroughbred. In the year I rode her, she threw me three times.

So, I got my own horse, Suzy. She didn't spend too much time before she hurt herself. Per the Vet, she would not be ridden for six to nine months.

Going to Horsetrader.com, I found Chip. His registered name is Wood Chip Brown, a Quarter horse. His owner (pictured above, below a helicopter) had to sell him when the Riverside Police ended their Mounted Police program.

1 Comments:

At February 06, 2006 12:55 AM, Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Thank you for putting the link to comment.

I had a pony (does that count) when I was a younger and I loved him. That is until the day Max decided to play rodeo with me and threw me off. Max and I didn't get along well after that.

Fast forward to today. My daughter should have been born on a farm or ranch. Yep, she is a horse lover. Even had riding lessons. Now wants to put a horse in our backyard. She will have to wait just a little while longer, I don't think my neighbors would like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

">