Phoenix

DesertExile: Where I come from....

28 January 2006

Where I come from....



Born in Glendale, Arizona, which is part of the megalopolis of Phoenix/Glendale/Tempe/Sctosdale/Peoria/Mesa.

We had a ranch NW of Phoenix. I grew up riding horses, working cattle and milking cows.

I'm the biggest one in the photo. The building behind us was wood framed, with galvanized sheets of roofing on all sides. We called it " The Granary". During WWII, 15 American Japanese lived in there. My father had to sign for custody, otherwise they would have went to a "Detainment Center".

Working the ranch, and in everyday life, there was a "Code of the West". Liars and theives were not tolerated. In graduated steps, people who violated that Code were shunned, had their asses kicked, or got a severe beating. This was a subtle hint: Get out of town-preferably by a hundred miles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

">